Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Reading Street


I have already been in school (with my sweet firsties) for TWO WEEKS!! Time sure does fly!
The first two weeks were spent getting to know each other, reviewing kindergarten skills, and baseline testing for reading and math. Whew...what a time!! Luckily, I have an AMAZING group of kiddos and they did a fabulous job keeping up with the steady flow of work.

This week we will start the first story in the Reading Street Series. While it takes a lot of time and energy to plan, I am SOOO ready to be on a "normal" schedule and get into the swing of things. We are starting fluency work this week also, so we can make sure all our firsties reach their benchmark in the fall and spring. Our school uses the Aimsweb Assessment along with Discovery Education for the lower grades. Each week, our kiddos will read two announced passages and one surprise passage on Friday. In order to easily record the data each week, I have created the following document for Unit 1. I hope other Reading Street Teachers can use it too! Click HERE to check it out!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and taking time to enjoy their families :)
Happy Saturday!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment